The Pittsfield Public School District is seeking a candidate for the position of Immigrant Family Liaison.
This is a non-bargaining one-year grant-funded position that runs through June 30, 2024. The position is up to 19 hours per week and may include scheduled nights and weekend hours.
The Immigrant Family Liaison welcomes newly registered immigrant families by creating a warm, welcoming and affirming environment, while providing assistance as families transition into the Pittsfield Public Schools system. The Immigrant Family Liaison provides immigrant families with information regarding school enrollment services and liaises between families, schools and community partners.
The essential duties of the position are:
- Support immigrant families in the registration process
- Coordinate and assist immigrant families with school and community information and guidance in school procedures and district/school policies
- Assist immigrant families in communicating with the school when there is a possible language barrier
- Encourage immigrant families to visit and participate in school activities and committees
- Strengthen the relationship between home, school and immigrant families
- Participate in district-level family engagement meetings including participation in the District English Language Parent Advisory Council
- Update and maintain onboarding family-facing flyers, publications and information for immigrant families
- Maintain clear communication with the staff and schools about students/families/Welcome Center services for immigrant families
- Provide knowledge of community resources available to families, students and schools
- Comply with and support school district policies, regulations and procedures
- High School or GED required; Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Successful candidate must have demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to multicultural and multilingual values and environments with an emphasis on understanding immigrant families. Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal and telephone skills to work with families. Experience responding to telephone, email and in-person requests, inquiries and questions in a professional, polite and responsive manner. Ability to maintain accurate, complete, and confidential records as required by law and district policy and regulations.
- At least 1 year(s) of relevant experience preferred.
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
Job Type : Part-time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Administrative